Welcome
Welcome to <strong>aldaxmoulds</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Model railway - N Scale

Model railway - N Scale

Postby PatrickR » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:37 am

For those who are not familiar with N scale it is 1:160 in Australia and America and 1:148 in England. I lay all my own track and am always looking to make it look more realistic. As well as trying to make some rolling stock, I am also making my own sleepers, or ties as the Americans call them.Image

The width of the track is 9mm and the rail is attached along the piece joining the sleepers. The sleepers are made using Craftcast in a silicone mould. The gap every four sleepers allows the track to be flexible. The photo shows a piece just out of the mould, and requires some cleaning up, but not much. It will then be painted dark grey (in my case) and then added to the layout. As other moulds are created, I will update this thread. I have been working on the layout for 12 months now and it is about 10% complete.
PatrickR
PatrickR

Re: Model railway - N Scale

Postby johnwest12 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:13 pm

so are you still working on it??? i want to discuss about injection moulding. do you have any idea about it?
johnwest12

Postby DonaldE » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:46 pm

johnwest12 wrote:so are you still working on it??? i want to discuss about injection moulding. do you have any idea about it?

Hey john, Check your inbox mate, i have a bit idea about injection moldings. I hope i will answer your query.
DonaldE

Postby rufflivin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:08 pm

Donald, u seems to be a professional engineer. i think we need to chat a bit, i am also an engineer by profession.
rufflivin

Postby weldingxpert » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:02 pm

rufflivin wrote:Donald, u seems to be a professional engineer. i think we need to chat a bit, i am also an engineer by profession.

If you need any information regarding engineering then you can contact me as well.
weldingxpert

Return to Model Railways